The MAX E-series combines a contemporary, rimless design with state of the art technology.
The fully-featured REEF-SPEC MAX E system provides everything necessary in order to enable you to enjoy the beauty and diversity of your own piece of thriving coral reef, rather than worrying about component selection, suitability and compatibility.
The MAX E-Series features the very latest in reef-keeping technology including the Red Sea’s all-new ReefLED 90 lighting with Wi-Fi control, REEF-SPEC filtration and circulation systems, a revolutionary modular sump system and a one-plug control panel.
Reef-safe ReefLED 90 Lighting
The MAX E-Series incorporates the all-new Red Sea ReefLED 90 lights which are designed to ensure optimal coral growth and maximum rendition of their vibrant colours.
At the heart of the unit is a compact Led array that provides a reef-safe range of REEF-SPEC light through a single REEF-SPEC Blue (23,000 Kelvin) channel that consists of an optimum combination of ultraviolet, violet and blue LEDs and an 8,000 Kelvin white channel. In addition, it has a separate dedicated 3W Moonlight channel to provide low levels of light for reef-safe nighttime viewing.
The ReefLED includes a single optical-glass, hollow lens that creates a homogenous light giving a dramatic coral coloration and a gentle shimmer throughout the aquarium.
ReefLED is controlled by Red Sea’s ReefBeat App which provides a wide range of easy to use functions such as random clouds, acclimation for new installations and a lunar cycle for the moonlights.
The LED unit is firmly bolted to the aquarium and can be rotated to give easy access to the rear sump for all of the regular maintenance requirements or for reefscaping.
The MAX E-260 reef aquarium system has 2-units that seamlessly paired together by the ReefBeat.
MAX E-Series Revolutionary Modular Sump system
Dual sump options for total flexibility. The MAX E-Series features a unique sump system, enabling simple conversion of the integrated rear sump into a fully operational stand-alone in-cabinet sump.
Start your reef with the built-in rear sump that houses the complete REEF-SPEC filtration and circulation systems. If you decide to add additional equipment such as a calcium reactor, the modular filtration system can easily be expanded by installing an optional Red Sea in-cabinet sump.
Red Sea’s unique overflow system, with its fully regulated silent-flow downpipe (as used in the top–of–the–range S-Series), easily connects to the integrated multiport bulkhead without the need for any cutting, gluing or emptying of the entire aquarium.
The optional sump conversion kit includes a customized glass sump with a dedicated constant height skimmer chamber, a flow-regulated overflow system and an integrated automatic top-up.
MAX E Sump MAX E-Series Ultra Clear Glass
The front and two side panels of the Max E-Series are constructed from Ultra-Clear glass for the ultimate viewing experience. The 12mm thickness of the front panel allows us to avoid using bracing bars, enabling a clean rimless design with smart bevelled edges top and bottom.
MAX E-Series Circulation
Twin European Eco pumps used in the MAX E-260 provide 4300 l/h (1100 g/h) of water flow, circulating the entire water volume 16 times an hour through the filter system. The flow is returned to the aquarium via the discrete multidirectional “eye-ball” nozzles that can be adjusted to ensure there are no dead spots within the aquarium, preventing harmful detritus from building up on the corals.
MAX E-Series Rear Sump
The MAX E-Series aquariums are divided into 2 parts – the Aquarium and the Rear Sump that discretely houses all of the filtration and circulation systems. The MAX E-Series sumps contain multistage filtration consisting of a REEF-SPEC protein skimmer, activated carbon and mechanical filter materials. The sump has dedicated space available for additional chemical filter media as well as the addition of a chiller.
MAX E-Series Protein Skimmer
The heart of the filtration system is the protein skimmer. The MSK 900 skimmer implements Red Sea’s REEF-SPEC criteria for SPS corals, passing the entire volume of the aquarium water through the skimmer at least 3 times per hour and with a 3 to 1 water to air ratio. The design of MAX E skimmers is not affected by the regular fluctuation in the water level of the rear sump due to evaporation and has an adjustable outlet gate to maintain the optimal skimmate consistency which will vary according to actual water conditions. The new skimmer pump and impellor run cooler and quieter than before and the built-in silencer on the air intake does a great job of eliminating skimmer noise.
MAX E-Series Media Rack
The rear sump includes a convenient media rack for Red Sea’s new highly adsorbent phosphate-free REEF-SPEC Carbon which is supplied with the MAX E system and has extra shelves for the easy addition of other chemical filter media.
Chiller Ready Kit
The Red Sea MAX E-Series sump has a dedicated place for the addition of a chiller pump as well as a convenient connection bracket for the chiller piping (Chiller and pipes are not supplied with the system).
Integrated Power Center
The MAX E-Series incorporates the one-plug MAX concept and features a power center with easy access to 7 individually switched power sockets for all system electrical sub-components. The power center is conveniently located in the cabinet and enables safe and easy control of all of the MAX sub-systems.
The MAX E-Series features a marine-spec laminate cabinet fronted with weatherproof epoxy painted doors with convenient push openers as well as soft-close stainless steel hinges. The cabinets are ventilated to provide convection cooling for a chiller. Offered with black or white exteriors, all cabinets have a black interior which maintains its clean appearance over time.
Red Sea MAX E-260 Features:
|System Water Volume||Combined aquarium and sump (not including optional sump for MAX E)||260 L | 69 gal|
|Aquarium Volume||Display Tank||213 L | 56 gal|
|Rear Sump Volume||Rear Sump (MAX E)||47 L | 13 gal|
|Aquarium Glass Thickness||Ultra-clear front and side panels||12 mm | 1/2"|
|Surface Skimmer||Built-in surface skimmer with removable combs||√|
|Lightning System||ReefLED 90||2 Units (180W)|
|Lighting Control||WiFi based system compatible with all IOS, Android, and WiFi enabled Mac or PC||√|
|Total Circulation||Hidden circulation pumps (not including sump return)||2x2150 lph | 570 gph|
|Protein Skimmer||MSK 900: 900 lph | 240 gph
Water Flow: 250 lph | 66 gph
|Chiller Installation Kit||Fittings for easy chiller installation||√|
|Integrated Power Center||Individually switched sockets for pumps and accessories with Circuit Breaker||7 outlets|
|Mechanical Filtration||Low-density sponge filter media||√|
|Media Rack||For rear sump||√|
|Chemical Filtration||High-grade phosphate-free activated carbon||400g | 14 oz|
|Cabinet Frame||Marine Spec||√|
|Cabinet Compartments||Dedicated chiller compartment||√|
|Length||Display Tank||90 cm | 36"|
|Width||Display Tank||57.5 cm | 22.6"|
Total System Height (excluding LED light unit)
|55 cm | 22"
142 cm | 56"
PLEASE NOT WE DO NOT SHIP IN THE CITY OF WINNIPEG - PICKUP ORDERS ONLY - SEE YOU IN THE STORE
How do I place an order online?
You can shop and purchase fish, inverts and corals here. Create your account or sign in with your Email and Password. When you find what you like, just click Add to Cart. Everything you see is available for sale unless it states Sold Out. When you’re finished, proceed to the Checkout page.
What happens after I submit my order online?
- Your order goes into a queue for processing.
- We call you in 1-3 business days to let you know when your order is ready to ship.
- You set the shipping date so you know when your order will arrive.
- We send you a tracking number via email.
- You receive your order and acclimate livestock according to instructions in your box.
- Call or email us with any questions or issues.
How do I get my order once it is shipped?
The day your order ships, you will receive an e-mail containing your CanPar, Purolator, UPS, Fedex, Loomis Express tracking number or WestJet airway number.
Someone must be available to receive it at the either the CanPar, Purolator, UPS, Fedex, Loomis Express or WestJet facility to prevent livestock from being exposed to the rain and/or extreme temperatures. Photo Id is necessary for WestJet order pickup at a designated WestJet facility.
How are livestock orders packed?
We pack only healthy livestock specimens with care and expertise. Using a combination of things that can include styrofoam coolers, cardboard boxes, heat packs, cool pacs, bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts. We separate fish, inverts & coral into separate boxes. Packaging size depends on the amount ordered. There are no order limits. We can accommodate any size and will adjust simply by adding more packaging. Each specimen is placed in its own thick plastic bag(s), with more than enough water and oxygen to make its trip.
How do you ship fish, inverts or corals?
We ship via CanPar, Purolator, UPS, Fedex Priority, Loomis Express Overnight or WestJet, the best way to ship livestock.
What happens if my fish, invert or coral dies during delivery?
On rare occasions, livestock may die during shipping. Into the Blue has an Arrive Alive Guarantee, so any fish, invert or coral
that doesn’t make it alive will be replaced. Please read our Arrive Alive Guarantee & DOA Policy below for more information.
Do you ship internationally?
No. Into the Blue only ships within Canada.
Can you hold my items?
Yes, once payment is received, Into the Blue is happy to reserve your items in case you want to add more items from a future update. We can hold fish, inverts or corals for typically up to 1 week. We are also able to hold livestock so that it can be shipped out on a date most convenient for you.
What payment methods does Into the Blue accept?
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Amex, Apple Pay, Shopify Payment
Does Into the Blue have a retail store? Where is it?
Yes. Our retail store is located at 156 St Anne's Rd, Winnipeg, Canada. If you would prefer to pick up your order, simply contact us for details at 204-963-8663.
Because there are many factors affecting the availability of aquatic life, not all species are available at all times. New shipments arrive at our facilities weekly, and every day specimens that have successfully passed our health examination become available.
We work closely with our customers and suppliers to ensure you get exactly what you order. We will not substitute a size or species if your selection is unavailable. If your selection is unavailable or out of stock, simply call to discuss alternatives with one of service specialists.
- The shipping container you receive will include a packing slip which contains the size and quantity of aquatic life that has been billed to your account. If this packing slip differs from what was received, please notify us by phone at 204-963-8663 or e-mail at email@example.com
- Because of the complex packaging procedures for all aquatic life and our primary concern for the health and well-being of all specimens we offer, we cannot accept any returns of any aquatic life. Please make your selections carefully.
- By making a purchase through our website you are agreeing to our policies. At Into the Blue we make every effort to ensure you only receive happy and healthy livestock. Due to the sensitive nature of living fish, inverts and corals, sometimes they may not survive shipping. We have a less than 5% DOA rate.
Arrive Alive Guarantee*
(*All of these conditions must be met or guarantee is void)
- Guarantee begins on the date that your shipment arrives.
- You must be present at the time of delivery to accept and sign for the package
- If the shipment is rejected for any reason, the guarantee is void.
- Proof must be provided; if your fish, invert or coral dies, becomes unattached or goes missing.
Arrive Alive Proof Method
- Take a picture of the livestock in question in the bag as well as out of the bag on a white background.
- Send an email with the uploaded pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of delivery for credit.
- Guarantee requests that do not have photos attached at time of submission will not be processed.
- We will review your submission and issue the appropriate credit via your email within 3 business days.
- If part of a Reef Package dies, we will credit you a prorated amount of the price of your reef package.
- Discarding the coral, invert or fish that died without Into the Blue’s authorization will void your guarantee.
- We do not re-issue credits for product purchased with store credit.
We are confident our livestock will thrive in your system if provided the proper saltwater environment. This includes water chemistry, compatibility, and tank setup, all of which are the hobbyist's responsibility. We reserve the right to request the dead animal be returned to our store with a water sample. Deaths due to incompatibility or jumping out of tank are not covered under the guarantee.
- Into the Blue does not issue refunds; only replacements. If the same or similar item is not available we will issue a store credit.
- For DOA claims, a clear picture of the dead coral, invert or fish must be provided within 24 hours. For specific details, see our Arrive Alive Proof Method.
- Replacements are included in future orders (shipping to be paid by the customer). Into the Blue does not ship out single livestock replacements.
- Into the Blue is not responsible for any delays due to carrier and/or weather complications. In such cases there will be no guarantee on live arrival.
- Shipping costs are non refundable.
Into The Blue is now also Winnipeg’s premiere fish, coral, equipment and dry good delivery service!
Let Into The Blue help you shop from home. Give us a call at (204) 963-8663 where can answer any questions, give advice, and tell you what we have in stock which isn’t on our website.
- We can also email or text pictures of fish, corals and inverts.
- Running low on fish foods?
- We have frozen, bottled, and dried flakes and pellets.
- Need RO or saltwater? We deliver that too.
- We have stock for media like carbon, GFO, Purigen and bags.
- We also have magnesium, calcium and alkalinity additives to keep your corals happy.
- We keep a variety of coral frags that we can send photos of and our selection of advertised corals will be expanding in the next few days.
- Due to an increase in call volume, we may not be able answer your call, but please leave your name and number and we will call you back as soon as we can.
Free delivery to your door within the city limits on all orders over $50.00 or $10 delivery fee!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Into the Blue signifies a passion for education and sustainability. We believe providing environmentally friendly alternatives to purchasing wild stock in the hopes of helping our industry and revolutionizing aquaculture.
As part of our commitment to quality, Into the Blue fish undergo vigorous screening by qualified marine specialists to ensure only the healthiest species are delivered to our customers. Fish are treated in premium grade facilities for internal and external parasites, including flukes, lice, nematodes, cryptocaryon, brooklynella hostiles, velvet disease, hole in the head and more. This helps ensure the best success rate in your aquarium environments. Less stress on the fish, the environment, and on you!
Our Eco-Friendly Process
The capture, export, and care of marine species are extremely important ethical concerns. These amazing animals surprise, astound, and impress us on many levels. We must understand that they have undergone a remarkable journey. As part of our commitment to a sustainable marine future our eco-friendly process we have specific care requirements that we believe help us be more successful in this enormously rewarding hobby.