Red Sea’s REEFER series of reef systems provide advanced hobbyists with a solid foundation for building a fully featured reef or marine aquarium. The REEFER series combines a contemporary, rimless, ultra-clear glass aquarium with a stylish cabinet and a comprehensive water management system including a professional refugium ready sump with integrated automatic top-up and Red Sea’s unique silent down-flow system. The REEFER series is designed for ease of operation while enabling the advanced hobbyist to install an unlimited choice of lighting, filtration, circulation, and controllers to create a uniquely customized system.
Red Sea’s REEFER Peninsula brings colour and ambiance to any living or office space at a fraction of the cost of a custom installation. Available in 125cm (49.2″) long/ 500 litre (132 gal) or 160cm (63″) long/650 litre (173 gal), the REEFER Peninsula offers an impressive and elegant room divider solution with all of the features of our advanced REEFER™ systems. A rimless, ultra-clear glass coral reef aquarium is formed into a perfect peninsula that gives you a fascinating view from all three sides, adding complexity and intrigue to any reefscape.
These 60cm (23.6″) high aquariums are set on stylish yet heavy-duty cabinets with epoxy painted finish on both sides. The cabinet includes a dedicated ventilated compartment for chiller and control systems and the doors may be assembled on either side of the cabinet to suit the layout of the room. The unique design of the Peninsula with the overflow system at one end of the aquarium instead of at the center also makes it ideal for a room corner installation.
The REEFER Peninsula series have advanced sumps with the following exciting new features:
- An adjustable height skimmer chamber, enabling you to set the water level (between 21-27cm / 8.3″-10.6″) for optimal skimmer performance.
- A “Refugium Ready” sump with two pre-set positions allows you to decide how much of the sump you want for your skimmer and other reactors and how much as a dedicated refugium chamber.
- 4 micron filter bags
- RO litre reservoir that can be slid aside when necessary for pump maintenance.
Features of the Red Sea REEFER Peninsula included:
- Rimless, ultra-clear, bevelled edge glass aquarium
- Elegant Marine-Spec plywood cabinet with levelling feet
- Refugium-ready sump with adjustable height skimmer chamber and 4 micron filter bags
- Silent, regulated down-flow system with emergency overflow
- Integrated automatic top-up system with reservoir
- Assembly-ready piping – no gluing required
REEFER aquariums are constructed from thick, bevelled-edge, ultra-clear glass to support their elegant and modern rimless design. The aquarium sits on a recessed base that “floats” it above the cabinet, which seamlessly follows the contour of the glass. The marine-spec laminated cabinet that houses the sump, (and in the larger models also includes a dedicated, vented space for chillers) is smartly finished with weatherproof, epoxy-painted doors.
REEFER Peninsula Water Management System
Removable surface-skimming combs surround the top of the centrally located overflow box that houses the downpipe, sump return pipe and the discreet multi-directional “eyeball” return outlet nozzle.
In the event of a blockage in the regulated downpipe, an additional emergency overflow pipe provides an unrestricted free flow of aquarium water directly to the sump.
On entering the sump the water passes through a bank of 4 micron mechanical filter bags that slide out for ease of operation. The main compartment of the Peninsula sump includes an adjustable gate at the outlet that enables the water height in the chamber to be set at the optimal level for your skimmer, anywhere between 21 to 27cm.
A unique feature of this sump is that it is “refugium ready”. It comes with an optional dividing wall for the main compartment that can be installed in one of 2 positions. You can decide how much of the sump you want for your skimmer and other reactors and how much as a dedicated refugium chamber.
In order to remove any air bubbles that may have escaped from the skimmer, the water passes through a bubble-stripping cascade on its way to the return pump chamber.
To ensure a constant water level in the pump compartment, all REEFER sumps include an integrated automatic freshwater top-up unit, guaranteeing a constant, stable water flow throughout the complete system. Supplied as a complete self-assembly kit, all pipework is ready without the need for any gluing.
REEFER Peninsula 650 Specifications:
- Ultra Clear Front and Side Glass: 19 mm | 3/4"
- Built-in Surface Skimmer
- Integrated Automatic Top-up System
- Display Tank Water Volume: 528 L | 140 gal
- In-Cabinet Sump Water Volume: 134 L | 35 gal
- Total System Water Volume: 662 L | 175 gal
- RO Reservoir Volume: 28.7 L | 7.5 gal
- Display Tank Length: 160 cm | 63"
- Display Tank Height: 60 cm | 23.6"
- Display Tank Width: 64 cm | 25.2"
- Total System Height with Cabinet: 160 cm | 63"
- Water Height: 21 cm - 27 cm | 8.3" - 10.6"
- Skimmer Chamber: 59 cm x 51 cm | 23.2" x 20"
- Pump Chamber: 33 cm x 28 cm | 13" x 11"
- Recommended flow (pump not included): 7000 lph | 1850 gph
- Adjustable Height Skimmer Chamber
- Refugium Ready
- Heavy Duty Levelable Plywood Cabinet
* Information as per Manufacturer
***Cost of aquarium below; all red sea aquariums are ordered upon request freight costs are additional, to be paid upon pick up. For freight quote please contact store.***
PLEASE NOT WE DO NOT SHIP IN THE CITY OF WINNIPEG - PICKUP ORDERS ONLY - SEE YOU IN THE STORE
How do I place an order online?
You can shop and purchase fish, inverts and corals here. Create your account or sign in with your Email and Password. When you find what you like, just click Add to Cart. Everything you see is available for sale unless it states Sold Out. When you’re finished, proceed to the Checkout page.
What happens after I submit my order online?
- Your order goes into a queue for processing.
- We call you in 1-3 business days to let you know when your order is ready to ship.
- You set the shipping date so you know when your order will arrive.
- We send you a tracking number via email.
- You receive your order and acclimate livestock according to instructions in your box.
- Call or email us with any questions or issues.
How do I get my order once it is shipped?
The day your order ships, you will receive an e-mail containing your CanPar, Purolator, UPS, Fedex, Loomis Express tracking number or WestJet airway number.
Someone must be available to receive it at the either the CanPar, Purolator, UPS, Fedex, Loomis Express or WestJet facility to prevent livestock from being exposed to the rain and/or extreme temperatures. Photo Id is necessary for WestJet order pickup at a designated WestJet facility.
How are livestock orders packed?
We pack only healthy livestock specimens with care and expertise. Using a combination of things that can include styrofoam coolers, cardboard boxes, heat packs, cool pacs, bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts. We separate fish, inverts & coral into separate boxes. Packaging size depends on the amount ordered. There are no order limits. We can accommodate any size and will adjust simply by adding more packaging. Each specimen is placed in its own thick plastic bag(s), with more than enough water and oxygen to make its trip.
How do you ship fish, inverts or corals?
We ship via CanPar, Purolator, UPS, Fedex Priority, Loomis Express Overnight or WestJet, the best way to ship livestock.
What happens if my fish, invert or coral dies during delivery?
On rare occasions, livestock may die during shipping. Into the Blue has an Arrive Alive Guarantee, so any fish, invert or coral
that doesn’t make it alive will be replaced. Please read our Arrive Alive Guarantee & DOA Policy below for more information.
Do you ship internationally?
No. Into the Blue only ships within Canada.
Can you hold my items?
Yes, once payment is received, Into the Blue is happy to reserve your items in case you want to add more items from a future update. We can hold fish, inverts or corals for typically up to 1 week. We are also able to hold livestock so that it can be shipped out on a date most convenient for you.
What payment methods does Into the Blue accept?
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Amex, Apple Pay, Shopify Payment
Does Into the Blue have a retail store? Where is it?
Yes. Our retail store is located at 156 St Anne's Rd, Winnipeg, Canada. If you would prefer to pick up your order, simply contact us for details at 204-963-8663.
Because there are many factors affecting the availability of aquatic life, not all species are available at all times. New shipments arrive at our facilities weekly, and every day specimens that have successfully passed our health examination become available.
We work closely with our customers and suppliers to ensure you get exactly what you order. We will not substitute a size or species if your selection is unavailable. If your selection is unavailable or out of stock, simply call to discuss alternatives with one of service specialists.
- The shipping container you receive will include a packing slip which contains the size and quantity of aquatic life that has been billed to your account. If this packing slip differs from what was received, please notify us by phone at 204-963-8663 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Because of the complex packaging procedures for all aquatic life and our primary concern for the health and well-being of all specimens we offer, we cannot accept any returns of any aquatic life. Please make your selections carefully.
- By making a purchase through our website you are agreeing to our policies. At Into the Blue we make every effort to ensure you only receive happy and healthy livestock. Due to the sensitive nature of living fish, inverts and corals, sometimes they may not survive shipping. We have a less than 5% DOA rate.
Arrive Alive Guarantee*
(*All of these conditions must be met or guarantee is void)
- Guarantee begins on the date that your shipment arrives.
- You must be present at the time of delivery to accept and sign for the package
- If the shipment is rejected for any reason, the guarantee is void.
- Proof must be provided; if your fish, invert or coral dies, becomes unattached or goes missing.
Arrive Alive Proof Method
- Take a picture of the livestock in question in the bag as well as out of the bag on a white background.
- Send an email with the uploaded pictures to email@example.com within 24 hours of delivery for credit.
- Guarantee requests that do not have photos attached at time of submission will not be processed.
- We will review your submission and issue the appropriate credit via your email within 3 business days.
- If part of a Reef Package dies, we will credit you a prorated amount of the price of your reef package.
- Discarding the coral, invert or fish that died without Into the Blue’s authorization will void your guarantee.
- We do not re-issue credits for product purchased with store credit.
We are confident our livestock will thrive in your system if provided the proper saltwater environment. This includes water chemistry, compatibility, and tank setup, all of which are the hobbyist's responsibility. We reserve the right to request the dead animal be returned to our store with a water sample. Deaths due to incompatibility or jumping out of tank are not covered under the guarantee.
- Into the Blue does not issue refunds; only replacements. If the same or similar item is not available we will issue a store credit.
- For DOA claims, a clear picture of the dead coral, invert or fish must be provided within 24 hours. For specific details, see our Arrive Alive Proof Method.
- Replacements are included in future orders (shipping to be paid by the customer). Into the Blue does not ship out single livestock replacements.
- Into the Blue is not responsible for any delays due to carrier and/or weather complications. In such cases there will be no guarantee on live arrival.
- Shipping costs are non refundable.
Into The Blue is now also Winnipeg’s premiere fish, coral, equipment and dry good delivery service!
Let Into The Blue help you shop from home. Give us a call at (204) 963-8663 where can answer any questions, give advice, and tell you what we have in stock which isn’t on our website.
Our delivery days are Mondays and Tuesdays between 9am and 12pm
- We can also email or text pictures of fish, corals and inverts.
- Running low on fish foods?
- We have frozen, bottled, and dried flakes and pellets.
- Need RO or saltwater? We deliver that too.
- We have stock for media like carbon, GFO, Purigen and bags.
- We also have magnesium, calcium and alkalinity additives to keep your corals happy.
- We keep a variety of coral frags that we can send photos of and our selection of advertised corals will be expanding in the next few days.
- Due to an increase in call volume, we may not be able answer your call, but please leave your name and number and we will call you back as soon as we can.
Free delivery to your door within the city limits on all orders over $50.00 or $10 delivery fee!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Into the Blue signifies a passion for education and sustainability. We believe providing environmentally friendly alternatives to purchasing wild stock in the hopes of helping our industry and revolutionizing aquaculture.
As part of our commitment to quality, Into the Blue fish undergo vigorous screening by qualified marine specialists to ensure only the healthiest species are delivered to our customers. Fish are treated in premium grade facilities for internal and external parasites, including flukes, lice, nematodes, cryptocaryon, brooklynella hostiles, velvet disease, hole in the head and more. This helps ensure the best success rate in your aquarium environments. Less stress on the fish, the environment, and on you!
Our Eco-Friendly Process
The capture, export, and care of marine species are extremely important ethical concerns. These amazing animals surprise, astound, and impress us on many levels. We must understand that they have undergone a remarkable journey. As part of our commitment to a sustainable marine future our eco-friendly process we have specific care requirements that we believe help us be more successful in this enormously rewarding hobby.