The 'NYOS Quantum 120' is an efficient and silent high-performance skimmer for tanks up to 500 litres (125 gal).
- PUMP: Quantum 1.0
- TANK SIZE: 100 - 500 litres | 25-125 gal
- POWER: 8 W
- DIMENSIONS (LXWXH): 15 x 21 x 46.5 cm | 5.9 x 8.3 x 18.3"
Performance, performance and once again performance. NYOS Quantum is characterized by high skimming performance as a result of the large amount of air in combination with an optimum air-water mixture.
Very Smooth Operation:
Aquariums should be seen and not heard. That is NYOS Quantum is especially silent when running and therefore can hardly be heard.
Low Power Consumption:
NYOS Quantum is conceived to be especially energy-efficient and uses a minimum of power, despite its huge performance.
Easy to Maintain:
Consistently strong skimming and simple settings are a joy. For this reason, NYOS Quantum is especially easy to maintain and provides the same consistent level of performance over a long period of time. Reliable pump starts are a matter of course.
1. The new NYOS Hybrid Wheel
The heart of every skimmer is its propulsion. That is why we have developed a new high-performance drive for the Quantum®: the Hybrid Wheel. This especially precisely manufactured impeller, built with superlight materials, combines the advantages of a needle wheel and a lattice wheel. The Hybrid Wheel is characterized by its lattice-shaped base, on which numerous very narrow needles are mounted. This structure ensures that countless extremely fine micro air bubbles are generated. The greatly reduced weight and the high precision lead to lower maintenance and at the same time low energy consumption.
2. NYOS Clear-View Reactor
The hybrid wheel needs a pump chamber that is specially adapted to it. That is why we have developed the NYOS® Clear-View Reactor. The Clear-View Reactor is a transparent, performance-optimized large-volume reaction chamber in which the water-air mixture is generated. In combination with the hybrid wheel and the adapted venturi nozzle, it produces an extreme air performance with an optimum air-water ratio. Its transparency means that any foreign bodies can be identified easily. At the same time, it is possible to see the huge performance of the pump in operation. Stylish and practical!
3. The NYOS Twister
Extreme air performance and the finest bubbles are one thing. But in order to achieve optimum skimming, the bubbles that are generated must also remain in contact with the water for as long as possible. That is why, in addition to our normal bubble plate, we have developed the saw-blade shaped Twister. This gives the bubbles an additional spin and swirls them further in a vortex. This greatly increases the contact time of the air bubbles in the water column.
4. Combination of form and function: the Sinus design
Water doesn’t like corners. That is why we have developed a flow-optimized, protected double-S form. In this so-called Sinus design, the air bubbles can rise without hindrance and completely free, ergonomically so to speak, without the formation of poor-flow zones at disruptive corners.
5. Precision and details
A good idea must be implemented perfectly to the very last detail. Each Quantum is therefore characterized by the following:
- Extremely non-breakable high-performance waves from zirconium dioxide (strength 1600 MPa Vickers hardness)
- Nine sea-waterproof screws from pure titanium grade 2
- Precise micro-adjustment screws to fine-tune the water level
- Full decoupling by means of silicone feet
- Skimming pot with twist-lock seal
- Ready-to-use plug-and-play device
6. Optimised, variable setting options
Each aquarium is different. That is why NYOS Quantum can be adapted individually to all aquarium conditions: water quantity and air quantity can be set separately and independently of each other. An approximate setting of the water level is achieved by means of the water setting pipe, while the especially precise micro-adjustment screw, which is also included, allows an additional fine-tuning of the water level.
7. Compact construction yet can be dismantled completely
We represent compact, well-thought-out solutions. NYOS Quantum deliberately does not use any externally mounted, bulky pumps. For us, it is self-evident that the device must be able to be dismantled completely.
* Information as per Manufacturer
PLEASE NOT WE DO NOT SHIP IN THE CITY OF WINNIPEG - PICKUP ORDERS ONLY - SEE YOU IN THE STORE
How do I place an order online?
You can shop and purchase fish, inverts and corals here. Create your account or sign in with your Email and Password. When you find what you like, just click Add to Cart. Everything you see is available for sale unless it states Sold Out. When you’re finished, proceed to the Checkout page.
What happens after I submit my order online?
- Your order goes into a queue for processing.
- We call you in 1-3 business days to let you know when your order is ready to ship.
- You set the shipping date so you know when your order will arrive.
- We send you a tracking number via email.
- You receive your order and acclimate livestock according to instructions in your box.
- Call or email us with any questions or issues.
How do I get my order once it is shipped?
The day your order ships, you will receive an e-mail containing your CanPar, Purolator, UPS, Fedex, Loomis Express tracking number or WestJet airway number.
Someone must be available to receive it at the either the CanPar, Purolator, UPS, Fedex, Loomis Express or WestJet facility to prevent livestock from being exposed to the rain and/or extreme temperatures. Photo Id is necessary for WestJet order pickup at a designated WestJet facility.
How are livestock orders packed?
We pack only healthy livestock specimens with care and expertise. Using a combination of things that can include styrofoam coolers, cardboard boxes, heat packs, cool pacs, bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts. We separate fish, inverts & coral into separate boxes. Packaging size depends on the amount ordered. There are no order limits. We can accommodate any size and will adjust simply by adding more packaging. Each specimen is placed in its own thick plastic bag(s), with more than enough water and oxygen to make its trip.
How do you ship fish, inverts or corals?
We ship via CanPar, Purolator, UPS, Fedex Priority, Loomis Express Overnight or WestJet, the best way to ship livestock.
What happens if my fish, invert or coral dies during delivery?
On rare occasions, livestock may die during shipping. Into the Blue has an Arrive Alive Guarantee, so any fish, invert or coral
that doesn’t make it alive will be replaced. Please read our Arrive Alive Guarantee & DOA Policy below for more information.
Do you ship internationally?
No. Into the Blue only ships within Canada.
Can you hold my items?
Yes, once payment is received, Into the Blue is happy to reserve your items in case you want to add more items from a future update. We can hold fish, inverts or corals for typically up to 1 week. We are also able to hold livestock so that it can be shipped out on a date most convenient for you.
What payment methods does Into the Blue accept?
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Amex, Apple Pay, Shopify Payment
Does Into the Blue have a retail store? Where is it?
Yes. Our retail store is located at 156 St Anne's Rd, Winnipeg, Canada. If you would prefer to pick up your order, simply contact us for details at 204-963-8663.
Because there are many factors affecting the availability of aquatic life, not all species are available at all times. New shipments arrive at our facilities weekly, and every day specimens that have successfully passed our health examination become available.
We work closely with our customers and suppliers to ensure you get exactly what you order. We will not substitute a size or species if your selection is unavailable. If your selection is unavailable or out of stock, simply call to discuss alternatives with one of service specialists.
- The shipping container you receive will include a packing slip which contains the size and quantity of aquatic life that has been billed to your account. If this packing slip differs from what was received, please notify us by phone at 204-963-8663 or e-mail at email@example.com
- Because of the complex packaging procedures for all aquatic life and our primary concern for the health and well-being of all specimens we offer, we cannot accept any returns of any aquatic life. Please make your selections carefully.
- By making a purchase through our website you are agreeing to our policies. At Into the Blue we make every effort to ensure you only receive happy and healthy livestock. Due to the sensitive nature of living fish, inverts and corals, sometimes they may not survive shipping. We have a less than 5% DOA rate.
Arrive Alive Guarantee*
(*All of these conditions must be met or guarantee is void)
- Guarantee begins on the date that your shipment arrives.
- You must be present at the time of delivery to accept and sign for the package
- If the shipment is rejected for any reason, the guarantee is void.
- Proof must be provided; if your fish, invert or coral dies, becomes unattached or goes missing.
Arrive Alive Proof Method
- Take a picture of the livestock in question in the bag as well as out of the bag on a white background.
- Send an email with the uploaded pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of delivery for credit.
- Guarantee requests that do not have photos attached at time of submission will not be processed.
- We will review your submission and issue the appropriate credit via your email within 3 business days.
- If part of a Reef Package dies, we will credit you a prorated amount of the price of your reef package.
- Discarding the coral, invert or fish that died without Into the Blue’s authorization will void your guarantee.
- We do not re-issue credits for product purchased with store credit.
We are confident our livestock will thrive in your system if provided the proper saltwater environment. This includes water chemistry, compatibility, and tank setup, all of which are the hobbyist's responsibility. We reserve the right to request the dead animal be returned to our store with a water sample. Deaths due to incompatibility or jumping out of tank are not covered under the guarantee.
- Into the Blue does not issue refunds; only replacements. If the same or similar item is not available we will issue a store credit.
- For DOA claims, a clear picture of the dead coral, invert or fish must be provided within 24 hours. For specific details, see our Arrive Alive Proof Method.
- Replacements are included in future orders (shipping to be paid by the customer). Into the Blue does not ship out single livestock replacements.
- Into the Blue is not responsible for any delays due to carrier and/or weather complications. In such cases there will be no guarantee on live arrival.
- Shipping costs are non refundable.
Into The Blue is now also Winnipeg’s premiere fish, coral, equipment and dry good delivery service!
Let Into The Blue help you shop from home. Give us a call at (204) 963-8663 where can answer any questions, give advice, and tell you what we have in stock which isn’t on our website.
Our delivery days are commonly Tuesdays between 9am and 12pm - please note that a staff member will always be in contact before delivery to confirm timing.
- We can also email or text pictures of fish, corals and inverts.
- Running low on fish foods?
- We have frozen, bottled, and dried flakes and pellets.
- Need RO or saltwater? We deliver that too.
- We have stock for media like carbon, GFO, Purigen and bags.
- We also have magnesium, calcium and alkalinity additives to keep your corals happy.
- We keep a variety of coral frags that we can send photos of and our selection of advertised corals will be expanding in the next few days.
- Due to an increase in call volume, we may not be able answer your call, but please leave your name and number and we will call you back as soon as we can.
Free delivery to your door within the city limits on all orders over $50.00 or $10 delivery fee!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Our Eco-Friendly Process
The capture, export, and care of marine species are extremely important ethical concerns. These amazing animals surprise, astound, and impress us on many levels. We must understand that they have undergone a remarkable journey. As part of our commitment to a sustainable marine future our eco-friendly process we have specific care requirements that we believe help us be more successful in this enormously rewarding hobby.