The ApexEL makes keeping your aquarium easier while also monitoring key parameters such as temperature, pH, and the health of your connected equipment, for under $500
APEXel – THE ENTRY LEVEL APEX
- Lower cost version of its big-brother Apex
- Prevents catastrophes by monitoring temperature and pH in your aquarium, takes corrective actions for you, and alerts you via your smart phone when things go off track.
- Monitors your equipment – ensuring it is operating correctly at all times – and lets you know when it’s not.
- iPhone, iPad, or Android app controlled. Also works on PC or Mac using any common web browser.
- Tracks your manual test results, maintenance, livestock purchases, and tank observations and helps you correlate issues in your aquarium to the things that are happening inside.
- Manages the full operation of equipment (lights, pumps, filters, ATO, etc.) on your tank with simple setup “Tasks” and an easy to use app.
- Takes the place of many costly and cumbersome discrete components such as light timers, heater controllers, pump controllers, etc.
- Expandable: Add more monitoring and control features as well as specialized Apex-ecosystem hardware as your needs require
- Gives you the peace of mind to know how your aquarium is doing, instantly, from anywhere in the world.
The ApexEL equipped to connect to your network via its wired connection, OR the built in 802.11n Wi-Fi
Set up tasks and to-do reminders help guide you through configuring everything from temperature control, trouble alerts to your mobile device, and many other common aquarium tasks. With the ApexEL, an aquarium controller no longer requires an advanced degree -- you are up and running in 5 EASY STEPS:
- Mount it to the wall or inside your cabinet
- Plug in the probes and your equipment
- Connect it to your home network via wi-fi or cable
- Run the new Configuration Wizards
- Get the basics of monitoring and control for your entire tank set up, in less than 15 minutes, with no programming!
The ApexEL is a self-contained monitoring platform built for reliability – for when things go wrong – It's not just a toy to play with when everything is A-OK. A perfect example of this is that unlike other cloud-based IoT devices or aquarium controllers, every ApexEL has a built in web-server (tech talk for its control software and built-in web interface) with complete functionality – even if the internet is down!
ENERGY BAR 832 – THE ULTIMATE POWER CONTROL HUB
When we decided to create an Energy Bar for this new Apex, we designed it from the ground up. Not only does the Energy Bar 832 have eight 120V AC outlets, but it includes an internal 100W 24VDC power supply as well. That power supply feeds three built-in 1LINK ports as well as two 24VDC accessory ports.
And, each individual outlet has independent power monitoring and there are individual LED indicators for each outlet.
- POWER MONITORING
- BUILT-IN 1LINK AND 24VDC PORTS
- INDIVIDUAL OUTLET INDICATOR LED
- ALARMS AND DECISIONS BASED ON POWER
- ALL OUTLETS RELAY SWITCHED
- 13 Total power connections for your aquarium devices
- 8 120V AC Outlets all switched with relays rated for millions of cycles
- 3 1LINK 24VDC Smart outlets for devices such as WAV, DOS, etc.
- 2 Switchable 24VDC outlets for accessories such as small pumps, solenoids, fans, etc.
SUPER-EASY MOUNTING SYSTEM FOR BOTH APEXel AND ENERGY BAR 832
Both the ApexEL and the Energy Bar 832 have an innovative attachment system that makes it easy to mount them up and also give convenient access to all the connections. The Apex mounts with just two screws. It has a hinged mount where you can flip it up, make your connections, and then flip it down, making it more difficult for water to enter the electronics via a cable. The Energy Bar 832 has a mounting bracket you screw to the wall with just three screws and then the Energy Bar slides down onto the bracket.
THESE PROBES ARE INCLUDED WITH YOUR APEX SYSTEM TO MONITOR THE HEALTH OF YOUR AQUARIUM
ApexEL Probes The ApexEL System includes probes for Temperature and pH. The pH probe is double-junction as well so it holds calibration longer and has a longer lifespan than single-junction probes.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DOUBLE JUNCTION AND SINGLE JUNCTION PROBES?
Single junction probes put the reference electrode in direct contact with aquarium water. Over time, the junction will slowly leak aquarium water into the electrolyte which changes the accuracy of the probe and requires more frequent calibrations.
Double junction probes place a second vessel inside the main electrolyte with a second internal junction. The means that even when the aquarium water eventually begins to make its way in the first compartment, it still has to go through the second junction to contaminate the electrolyte surrounding the reference electrode.
* Information as per Manufacturer
PLEASE NOT WE DO NOT SHIP IN THE CITY OF WINNIPEG - PICKUP ORDERS ONLY - SEE YOU IN THE STORE
How do I place an order online?
You can shop and purchase fish, inverts and corals here. Create your account or sign in with your Email and Password. When you find what you like, just click Add to Cart. Everything you see is available for sale unless it states Sold Out. When you’re finished, proceed to the Checkout page.
What happens after I submit my order online?
- Your order goes into a queue for processing.
- We call you in 1-3 business days to let you know when your order is ready to ship.
- You set the shipping date so you know when your order will arrive.
- We send you a tracking number via email.
- You receive your order and acclimate livestock according to instructions in your box.
- Call or email us with any questions or issues.
How do I get my order once it is shipped?
The day your order ships, you will receive an e-mail containing your CanPar, Purolator, UPS, Fedex, Loomis Express tracking number or WestJet airway number.
Someone must be available to receive it at the either the CanPar, Purolator, UPS, Fedex, Loomis Express or WestJet facility to prevent livestock from being exposed to the rain and/or extreme temperatures. Photo Id is necessary for WestJet order pickup at a designated WestJet facility.
How are livestock orders packed?
We pack only healthy livestock specimens with care and expertise. Using a combination of things that can include styrofoam coolers, cardboard boxes, heat packs, cool pacs, bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts. We separate fish, inverts & coral into separate boxes. Packaging size depends on the amount ordered. There are no order limits. We can accommodate any size and will adjust simply by adding more packaging. Each specimen is placed in its own thick plastic bag(s), with more than enough water and oxygen to make its trip.
How do you ship fish, inverts or corals?
We ship via CanPar, Purolator, UPS, Fedex Priority, Loomis Express Overnight or WestJet, the best way to ship livestock.
What happens if my fish, invert or coral dies during delivery?
On rare occasions, livestock may die during shipping. Into the Blue has an Arrive Alive Guarantee, so any fish, invert or coral
that doesn’t make it alive will be replaced. Please read our Arrive Alive Guarantee & DOA Policy below for more information.
Do you ship internationally?
No. Into the Blue only ships within Canada.
Can you hold my items?
Yes, once payment is received, Into the Blue is happy to reserve your items in case you want to add more items from a future update. We can hold fish, inverts or corals for typically up to 1 week. We are also able to hold livestock so that it can be shipped out on a date most convenient for you.
What payment methods does Into the Blue accept?
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Amex, Apple Pay, Shopify Payment
Does Into the Blue have a retail store? Where is it?
Yes. Our retail store is located at 156 St Anne's Rd, Winnipeg, Canada. If you would prefer to pick up your order, simply contact us for details at 204-963-8663.
Because there are many factors affecting the availability of aquatic life, not all species are available at all times. New shipments arrive at our facilities weekly, and every day specimens that have successfully passed our health examination become available.
We work closely with our customers and suppliers to ensure you get exactly what you order. We will not substitute a size or species if your selection is unavailable. If your selection is unavailable or out of stock, simply call to discuss alternatives with one of service specialists.
- The shipping container you receive will include a packing slip which contains the size and quantity of aquatic life that has been billed to your account. If this packing slip differs from what was received, please notify us by phone at 204-963-8663 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Because of the complex packaging procedures for all aquatic life and our primary concern for the health and well-being of all specimens we offer, we cannot accept any returns of any aquatic life. Please make your selections carefully.
- By making a purchase through our website you are agreeing to our policies. At Into the Blue we make every effort to ensure you only receive happy and healthy livestock. Due to the sensitive nature of living fish, inverts and corals, sometimes they may not survive shipping. We have a less than 5% DOA rate.
Arrive Alive Guarantee*
(*All of these conditions must be met or guarantee is void)
- Guarantee begins on the date that your shipment arrives.
- You must be present at the time of delivery to accept and sign for the package
- If the shipment is rejected for any reason, the guarantee is void.
- Proof must be provided; if your fish, invert or coral dies, becomes unattached or goes missing.
Arrive Alive Proof Method
- Take a picture of the livestock in question in the bag as well as out of the bag on a white background.
- Send an email with the uploaded pictures to email@example.com within 24 hours of delivery for credit.
- Guarantee requests that do not have photos attached at time of submission will not be processed.
- We will review your submission and issue the appropriate credit via your email within 3 business days.
- If part of a Reef Package dies, we will credit you a prorated amount of the price of your reef package.
- Discarding the coral, invert or fish that died without Into the Blue’s authorization will void your guarantee.
- We do not re-issue credits for product purchased with store credit.
We are confident our livestock will thrive in your system if provided the proper saltwater environment. This includes water chemistry, compatibility, and tank setup, all of which are the hobbyist's responsibility. We reserve the right to request the dead animal be returned to our store with a water sample. Deaths due to incompatibility or jumping out of tank are not covered under the guarantee.
- Into the Blue does not issue refunds; only replacements. If the same or similar item is not available we will issue a store credit.
- For DOA claims, a clear picture of the dead coral, invert or fish must be provided within 24 hours. For specific details, see our Arrive Alive Proof Method.
- Replacements are included in future orders (shipping to be paid by the customer). Into the Blue does not ship out single livestock replacements.
- Into the Blue is not responsible for any delays due to carrier and/or weather complications. In such cases there will be no guarantee on live arrival.
- Shipping costs are non refundable.
Into The Blue is now also Winnipeg’s premiere fish, coral, equipment and dry good delivery service!
Let Into The Blue help you shop from home. Give us a call at (204) 963-8663 where can answer any questions, give advice, and tell you what we have in stock which isn’t on our website.
Our delivery days are Mondays and Tuesdays between 9am and 12pm
- We can also email or text pictures of fish, corals and inverts.
- Running low on fish foods?
- We have frozen, bottled, and dried flakes and pellets.
- Need RO or saltwater? We deliver that too.
- We have stock for media like carbon, GFO, Purigen and bags.
- We also have magnesium, calcium and alkalinity additives to keep your corals happy.
- We keep a variety of coral frags that we can send photos of and our selection of advertised corals will be expanding in the next few days.
- Due to an increase in call volume, we may not be able answer your call, but please leave your name and number and we will call you back as soon as we can.
Free delivery to your door within the city limits on all orders over $50.00 or $10 delivery fee!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Our Eco-Friendly Process
The capture, export, and care of marine species are extremely important ethical concerns. These amazing animals surprise, astound, and impress us on many levels. We must understand that they have undergone a remarkable journey. As part of our commitment to a sustainable marine future our eco-friendly process we have specific care requirements that we believe help us be more successful in this enormously rewarding hobby.