DŌS :: DOSING AND FLUID METERING SYSTEM
Multi-purpose dosing and fluid delivery system of uncompromising quality combined with the simplicity of Apex Fusion software wizards for operations such as:
- 2-Part Dosing (Calcium and Alkalinity)
- Other Additives Dosing
- Automatic Water Changes
- Micro-Quantity Dosing
- Delivery of Liquid Foods and Supplements
The DŌS connects to any Apex via its AquaBus connection. The true versatility and functionality of the DŌS come to life via the software wizards built into Apex Fusion. This takes dosing to a whole new level in terms of ease of use as well as functionality when compared to standalone dosing systems because the DŌS is part of your Apex ecosystem. Not only can you integrate it into other operations and devices you have configured, but we also will be continuing to expand on its capabilities as time goes on via software updates to Apex Fusion.
2-PART DOSING MADE EASY
The #1 reason people purchase a dosing system for their aquariums is for consistent and easy dosing of 2-part solutions (calcium and alkalinity) to their reef tanks. The most common method for doing this today is to use standalone dosing pumps and run them on a timer using seconds or minutes to determine how much to dose.
MICRO-DOSING OF ELEMENTS
If you need to dose tiny amounts of a particular solution, element or other fluid (like vodka dosing or Zeovit systems), the DŌS is the perfect solution due to its precision controlled stepper motor. This ability to control pump movement in such a refined manner means that you can dose all the way down to 0.1ml at a time!
Note: You cannot use vodka or any other alcohol-based product in the DDR, If you are wanting to use the DOS to add an alcohol base product to your tank you will need to use a suitable container.
With the stepper motor pumps on the DŌS, you have precise control each time you dose. And, you are guaranteed it will stay calibrated pretty much forever. On the other hand, with the standard DC motor pump found in most dosing systems, it cannot dose small quantities with ongoing accuracy and consistency. They also require ongoing calibration to account for the wear of the motor and the mechanisms. When pumps fall out of calibration, they dose either too much or too little – never a good thing considering an overdose to a tank will often be its demise.
VARIABLE SPEED PUMPS
One of the great features of the stepper motors on the DŌS pumps is that they can be driven at various speeds depending on the purpose for which they are being used. For instance, dosing of vodka may require the slowest possible rotation while a water change use requires a much higher pump speed. The best part is that Apex Fusion wizards automatically select the proper speed based on the use and because of the stepper motor, accuracy is not compromised even at the higher speeds.
GEARING AND DRIVE MECHANISM
The DŌS uses a direct drive mechanism that will not slip, it will not strip, it will not grind to a halt. On the other hand, many other peristaltic dosing pumps used for aquariums have gears that can (and do) strip. Or, worse yet, some pumps work by using the friction of rubber rollers on the smooth metal motor shaft to make the pump spin. Foreign matter like salt creep, additives, etc. often gets into the drive mechanisms of these pumps and makes them fail or pump unknown amounts.
The stepper-motor in the DŌS has a MTBF (mean time before failure) of 5000 hours. Other systems with brush-driven DC motor pumps have lifespans measured of just a few hundred hours of use. This means the pumps on the DŌS may have up to as much as 12x the lifespan of others.
LARGE, SECURE TUBING CONNECTIONS
Leak-proof fittings are very important, not just because of the possibility of leaking fluid, but also because the leaking of air into a line would cause the pump not to meter the correct amounts. The pumps on the DŌS have sure-fit compression fittings that are virtually leak-proof. Contrast this to other dosing systems on the market that still use dual-barbed fittings that commonly split the tubing and cause leakage of fluids or air.
Though nearly all interaction with the DŌS will be done through the graphical user interface on Apex Fusion, there still is a need simplified user interface on the DŌS itself. This is accomplished using a multicolour indicator for each pump to show its status as well as a button to be used for priming the pump or for use during a calibration process.
AQUABUS CONNECTION TO YOUR APEX
The DŌS easily connects to your existing Apex System via an AquaBus cable. All configuration and control of your DŌS are done through the Apex Fusion interface on your phone, tablet, or computer from at home or anywhere in the world! And, because there are two AquaBus connections, you can daisy-chain up to 10 DŌS systems together.
The DŌS has an accessory port that will enable it to be connected to upcoming optional accessories like the DDR – Dual DŌS Reservoir. This accessory has two separate 2-litre cylinders for holding your additives. It also has optical sensors at the bottom that tell the Apex when it is time to refill and it then can send you an email or text alert.
We understand that aquariums are supposed to be serene. And noisy pumps often ruin that mood. So our engineering team has taken extensive steps both in how the pump operates as well as the enclosure design to ensure that the DŌS system is one of (if not) the quietest dosing systems on the market for the fluid volumes it delivers.
STYLISH YET FUNCTIONAL DESIGN
The DŌS was designed to compliment your aquarium – not just be a box that holds pumps. Its attractive enclosure has the pumps rotated at an outward angle to allow for the tubing to be routed with no chance of kinking, even when placed on a shelf. The DŌS are also designed for stacking and they can be daisy-chained together via the AquaBus ports.
Size (Approx.): 9.5″ x 5″ x 5″ | 24.13 cm x 12.7 cm x 12.7 cm
Weight (Approx.): 4 lbs | 8.8 kg
Lift Height: 24 feet (minimum at MSL)
Suction Height: 24' | 7.32 m
Flow Rate: Variable (0.1ml – 250ml/min)
Power Requirement: 110/120V or 220/240V
Requires: Apex, Apex Lite, or Apex Jr.
DŌS DUAL RESERVOIR (DDR)
This attractive fluid containment system stores your dosing fluids in style and tells you when it’s time to refill!
- Each side stores two litres (2L) of fluid
- Connects directly to your DŌS
- Optical sensors inform your APEX when levels are low
- Strong, cast-acrylic construction
- Low-profile – won’t easily tip over
- Easy to refill
- Push-fit tubing connections
- Use for 2-part (Alk/Cal), additives and other applications
Each side of the reservoir holds an ample two litres (2000 mL) of fluid. For most saltwater aquariums that are dosing Calcium and Alkalinity to their aquariums, this amount is more than enough to last at least two weeks. If you were dosing other additives it might last months before needing a refill.
CONNECTS TO YOUR DŌS
The DDR is the only dosing container on the market that connects electrically to your DŌS and uses optical sensors that alert you when your fluid has approximately 20% remaining.
READY FOR APEX FUSION
Although not required, the DDR interfaces directly into your Apex Fusion dashboard. See in realtime your fluid levels and get an alarm when a reservoir runs low.
OPTICAL SENSOR ALERTS
One simple connection links the DDR to the DŌS. No worries about fooling around with loose wires, float switches, etc. Just plug it in and it will show up in your Apex Fusion Dashboard.
Size (Approx.): 10.5″ x 8.5″ x 5.5″ | 26.67 cm x 21.59 cm x 13.97 cm
Fluid Capacity (Approx.): 2000ml per side
Weight (Approx.): 2 lbs | 4.4 kg
Requires: Apex, Apex Lite, or Apex Jr. and DŌS to operate sensors
Package includes: DDR, 4m of DŌS tubing
* Information as per Manufacturer
PLEASE NOT WE DO NOT SHIP IN THE CITY OF WINNIPEG - PICKUP ORDERS ONLY - SEE YOU IN THE STORE
How do I place an order online?
You can shop and purchase fish, inverts and corals here. Create your account or sign in with your Email and Password. When you find what you like, just click Add to Cart. Everything you see is available for sale unless it states Sold Out. When you’re finished, proceed to the Checkout page.
What happens after I submit my order online?
- Your order goes into a queue for processing.
- We call you in 1-3 business days to let you know when your order is ready to ship.
- You set the shipping date so you know when your order will arrive.
- We send you a tracking number via email.
- You receive your order and acclimate livestock according to instructions in your box.
- Call or email us with any questions or issues.
How do I get my order once it is shipped?
The day your order ships, you will receive an e-mail containing your CanPar, Purolator, UPS, Fedex, Loomis Express tracking number or WestJet airway number.
Someone must be available to receive it at the either the CanPar, Purolator, UPS, Fedex, Loomis Express or WestJet facility to prevent livestock from being exposed to the rain and/or extreme temperatures. Photo Id is necessary for WestJet order pickup at a designated WestJet facility.
How are livestock orders packed?
We pack only healthy livestock specimens with care and expertise. Using a combination of things that can include styrofoam coolers, cardboard boxes, heat packs, cool pacs, bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts. We separate fish, inverts & coral into separate boxes. Packaging size depends on the amount ordered. There are no order limits. We can accommodate any size and will adjust simply by adding more packaging. Each specimen is placed in its own thick plastic bag(s), with more than enough water and oxygen to make its trip.
How do you ship fish, inverts or corals?
We ship via CanPar, Purolator, UPS, Fedex Priority, Loomis Express Overnight or WestJet, the best way to ship livestock.
What happens if my fish, invert or coral dies during delivery?
On rare occasions, livestock may die during shipping. Into the Blue has an Arrive Alive Guarantee, so any fish, invert or coral
that doesn’t make it alive will be replaced. Please read our Arrive Alive Guarantee & DOA Policy below for more information.
Do you ship internationally?
No. Into the Blue only ships within Canada.
Can you hold my items?
Yes, once payment is received, Into the Blue is happy to reserve your items in case you want to add more items from a future update. We can hold fish, inverts or corals for typically up to 1 week. We are also able to hold livestock so that it can be shipped out on a date most convenient for you.
What payment methods does Into the Blue accept?
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Amex, Apple Pay, Shopify Payment
Does Into the Blue have a retail store? Where is it?
Yes. Our retail store is located at 156 St Anne's Rd, Winnipeg, Canada. If you would prefer to pick up your order, simply contact us for details at 204-963-8663.
Because there are many factors affecting the availability of aquatic life, not all species are available at all times. New shipments arrive at our facilities weekly, and every day specimens that have successfully passed our health examination become available.
We work closely with our customers and suppliers to ensure you get exactly what you order. We will not substitute a size or species if your selection is unavailable. If your selection is unavailable or out of stock, simply call to discuss alternatives with one of service specialists.
- The shipping container you receive will include a packing slip which contains the size and quantity of aquatic life that has been billed to your account. If this packing slip differs from what was received, please notify us by phone at 204-963-8663 or e-mail at email@example.com
- Because of the complex packaging procedures for all aquatic life and our primary concern for the health and well-being of all specimens we offer, we cannot accept any returns of any aquatic life. Please make your selections carefully.
- By making a purchase through our website you are agreeing to our policies. At Into the Blue we make every effort to ensure you only receive happy and healthy livestock. Due to the sensitive nature of living fish, inverts and corals, sometimes they may not survive shipping. We have a less than 5% DOA rate.
Arrive Alive Guarantee*
(*All of these conditions must be met or guarantee is void)
- Guarantee begins on the date that your shipment arrives.
- You must be present at the time of delivery to accept and sign for the package
- If the shipment is rejected for any reason, the guarantee is void.
- Proof must be provided; if your fish, invert or coral dies, becomes unattached or goes missing.
Arrive Alive Proof Method
- Take a picture of the livestock in question in the bag as well as out of the bag on a white background.
- Send an email with the uploaded pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of delivery for credit.
- Guarantee requests that do not have photos attached at time of submission will not be processed.
- We will review your submission and issue the appropriate credit via your email within 3 business days.
- If part of a Reef Package dies, we will credit you a prorated amount of the price of your reef package.
- Discarding the coral, invert or fish that died without Into the Blue’s authorization will void your guarantee.
- We do not re-issue credits for product purchased with store credit.
We are confident our livestock will thrive in your system if provided the proper saltwater environment. This includes water chemistry, compatibility, and tank setup, all of which are the hobbyist's responsibility. We reserve the right to request the dead animal be returned to our store with a water sample. Deaths due to incompatibility or jumping out of tank are not covered under the guarantee.
- Into the Blue does not issue refunds; only replacements. If the same or similar item is not available we will issue a store credit.
- For DOA claims, a clear picture of the dead coral, invert or fish must be provided within 24 hours. For specific details, see our Arrive Alive Proof Method.
- Replacements are included in future orders (shipping to be paid by the customer). Into the Blue does not ship out single livestock replacements.
- Into the Blue is not responsible for any delays due to carrier and/or weather complications. In such cases there will be no guarantee on live arrival.
- Shipping costs are non refundable.
Into The Blue is now also Winnipeg’s premiere fish, coral, equipment and dry good delivery service!
Let Into The Blue help you shop from home. Give us a call at (204) 963-8663 where can answer any questions, give advice, and tell you what we have in stock which isn’t on our website.
- We can also email or text pictures of fish, corals and inverts.
- Running low on fish foods?
- We have frozen, bottled, and dried flakes and pellets.
- Need RO or saltwater? We deliver that too.
- We have stock for media like carbon, GFO, Purigen and bags.
- We also have magnesium, calcium and alkalinity additives to keep your corals happy.
- We keep a variety of coral frags that we can send photos of and our selection of advertised corals will be expanding in the next few days.
- Due to an increase in call volume, we may not be able answer your call, but please leave your name and number and we will call you back as soon as we can.
Free delivery to your door within the city limits on all orders over $50.00 or $10 delivery fee!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Into the Blue signifies a passion for education and sustainability. We believe providing environmentally friendly alternatives to purchasing wild stock in the hopes of helping our industry and revolutionizing aquaculture.
As part of our commitment to quality, Into the Blue fish undergo vigorous screening by qualified marine specialists to ensure only the healthiest species are delivered to our customers. Fish are treated in premium grade facilities for internal and external parasites, including flukes, lice, nematodes, cryptocaryon, brooklynella hostiles, velvet disease, hole in the head and more. This helps ensure the best success rate in your aquarium environments. Less stress on the fish, the environment, and on you!
Our Eco-Friendly Process
The capture, export, and care of marine species are extremely important ethical concerns. These amazing animals surprise, astound, and impress us on many levels. We must understand that they have undergone a remarkable journey. As part of our commitment to a sustainable marine future our eco-friendly process we have specific care requirements that we believe help us be more successful in this enormously rewarding hobby.