LED DIMMING AND PUMP CONTROL (VDM)
With this module, you can outfit your Apex System with the ability to control many different brands of LED lights…from those that use the common 0-10V interface to the more complex like those that use a serial port connection such as the Aqua Illuminations Sol and Acan Lighting fixtures.
FOUR CHANNELS OF 0-10V LED DIMMING
Simply plug in the industry-standard Apex Ready 0-10V plug from your fixture into one of the two connectors on the VDM module and you will be on your way to creating lighting profiles as simple or as complex as your creativity demands. Or, if you have an unsupported LED fixture or are doing the DIY thing, simply purchase our LED dimming cable to make the connection. Each cable/connector supports two channels of your LED drivers 0-10V inputs.
ADVANCED DIMMING OPTIONS WITH APEX READY + LED FIXTURES
If you are fortunate enough to own a more advanced, Apex Ready+ fixture such as the Aqua Illuminations Sol or the Acan Lighting fixture, you have an additional set of features made available by the manufacturer by connecting the Advanced LED cable between your LED fixture and the VDM.
HAVE MORE LIGHTS AND MORE CHANNELS? NO PROBLEM!
Because the Apex is modular by design, you can add multiple VDM modules to enable more channels of control. So, if you are one of those DIY nuts that wants to have three LED fixtures each with four colour channels, and you want them all controllable, the Apex with the VDM module is the only way to go.
HAVE THE APEX TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR PUMPS AND DO THINGS YOU NEVER COULD IMAGINE WITH A STOCK PUMP CONTROLLER
If you have pumps like those from Tunze that can be speed controlled via their built-in 0-10V control signal, then this Apex Module was built just for you. Control up to four individual wavemaker style pumps with this module.
FOUR CHANNELS OF 0-10V PUMP CONTROL
Simply plug in the industry standard 0-10V plug from Apex Ready pump into one of the two connectors on the VDM module and you will be on your way to creating waves and other water action as simple or as complex as your creativity demands. The VDM has four channels on two connectors so you can configure each of up to four pumps with their individual control profiles.
CATCH A WAVE, WITH THE APEX, THE VDM, AND YOUR PUMPS
If you are fortunate enough to own more than one Apex Ready pump, you can sync them up and build some incredible wave flow in your tank. Such wave action is incredibly beneficial to your tank as it stirs up the detritus into the water column so it can be sent into the filtration system. Also, with this kind of pump control you can create very useful feed modes that keep the food in suspension and not the back of the tank or over the overflow. And, you can do all of this at a moments notice, timed, or from the touch of your mobile device!
DRIVE MORE THAN FOUR PUMPS OR CONTROL MULTIPLE TANKS
Because the Apex is modular by design, you can add multiple VDM modules to enable more channels of pump control. So, if you are one of those people that are crazy about flow or have a huge tank, the Apex with the VDM module is the only way to go.
FEATURES OF THE VDM:
- Complete control of Apex Ready+ LEDs that use the serial interface
- Simulate Sunrise/Sunset, Lunar Cycle, Clouds, and Lightning
- Adds 4 independent 0-10V variable speed ports to the Apex system
- Plug and Play. Automatically recognized when installed into the system
- Two AquaBus connectors for flexible expansion via AquaBus
- Comes with 3′ AquaBus cable
- Fully upgradeable via future firmware upgrades
- LED Status indicator
- Compatible with all Apex Systems
* NOTE: The VDM does not include any interface cables for your LEDs. You must purchase those separately.
* Information as per Manufacturer
PLEASE NOT WE DO NOT SHIP IN THE CITY OF WINNIPEG - PICKUP ORDERS ONLY - SEE YOU IN THE STORE
How do I place an order online?
You can shop and purchase fish, inverts and corals here. Create your account or sign in with your Email and Password. When you find what you like, just click Add to Cart. Everything you see is available for sale unless it states Sold Out. When you’re finished, proceed to the Checkout page.
What happens after I submit my order online?
- Your order goes into a queue for processing.
- We call you in 1-3 business days to let you know when your order is ready to ship.
- You set the shipping date so you know when your order will arrive.
- We send you a tracking number via email.
- You receive your order and acclimate livestock according to instructions in your box.
- Call or email us with any questions or issues.
How do I get my order once it is shipped?
The day your order ships, you will receive an e-mail containing your CanPar, Purolator, UPS, Fedex, Loomis Express tracking number or WestJet airway number.
Someone must be available to receive it at the either the CanPar, Purolator, UPS, Fedex, Loomis Express or WestJet facility to prevent livestock from being exposed to the rain and/or extreme temperatures. Photo Id is necessary for WestJet order pickup at a designated WestJet facility.
How are livestock orders packed?
We pack only healthy livestock specimens with care and expertise. Using a combination of things that can include styrofoam coolers, cardboard boxes, heat packs, cool pacs, bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts. We separate fish, inverts & coral into separate boxes. Packaging size depends on the amount ordered. There are no order limits. We can accommodate any size and will adjust simply by adding more packaging. Each specimen is placed in its own thick plastic bag(s), with more than enough water and oxygen to make its trip.
How do you ship fish, inverts or corals?
We ship via CanPar, Purolator, UPS, Fedex Priority, Loomis Express Overnight or WestJet, the best way to ship livestock.
What happens if my fish, invert or coral dies during delivery?
On rare occasions, livestock may die during shipping. Into the Blue has an Arrive Alive Guarantee, so any fish, invert or coral
that doesn’t make it alive will be replaced. Please read our Arrive Alive Guarantee & DOA Policy below for more information.
Do you ship internationally?
No. Into the Blue only ships within Canada.
Can you hold my items?
Yes, once payment is received, Into the Blue is happy to reserve your items in case you want to add more items from a future update. We can hold fish, inverts or corals for typically up to 1 week. We are also able to hold livestock so that it can be shipped out on a date most convenient for you.
What payment methods does Into the Blue accept?
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Amex, Apple Pay, Shopify Payment
Does Into the Blue have a retail store? Where is it?
Yes. Our retail store is located at 156 St Anne's Rd, Winnipeg, Canada. If you would prefer to pick up your order, simply contact us for details at 204-963-8663.
Because there are many factors affecting the availability of aquatic life, not all species are available at all times. New shipments arrive at our facilities weekly, and every day specimens that have successfully passed our health examination become available.
We work closely with our customers and suppliers to ensure you get exactly what you order. We will not substitute a size or species if your selection is unavailable. If your selection is unavailable or out of stock, simply call to discuss alternatives with one of service specialists.
- The shipping container you receive will include a packing slip which contains the size and quantity of aquatic life that has been billed to your account. If this packing slip differs from what was received, please notify us by phone at 204-963-8663 or e-mail at email@example.com
- Because of the complex packaging procedures for all aquatic life and our primary concern for the health and well-being of all specimens we offer, we cannot accept any returns of any aquatic life. Please make your selections carefully.
- By making a purchase through our website you are agreeing to our policies. At Into the Blue we make every effort to ensure you only receive happy and healthy livestock. Due to the sensitive nature of living fish, inverts and corals, sometimes they may not survive shipping. We have a less than 5% DOA rate.
Arrive Alive Guarantee*
(*All of these conditions must be met or guarantee is void)
- Guarantee begins on the date that your shipment arrives.
- You must be present at the time of delivery to accept and sign for the package
- If the shipment is rejected for any reason, the guarantee is void.
- Proof must be provided; if your fish, invert or coral dies, becomes unattached or goes missing.
Arrive Alive Proof Method
- Take a picture of the livestock in question in the bag as well as out of the bag on a white background.
- Send an email with the uploaded pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of delivery for credit.
- Guarantee requests that do not have photos attached at time of submission will not be processed.
- We will review your submission and issue the appropriate credit via your email within 3 business days.
- If part of a Reef Package dies, we will credit you a prorated amount of the price of your reef package.
- Discarding the coral, invert or fish that died without Into the Blue’s authorization will void your guarantee.
- We do not re-issue credits for product purchased with store credit.
We are confident our livestock will thrive in your system if provided the proper saltwater environment. This includes water chemistry, compatibility, and tank setup, all of which are the hobbyist's responsibility. We reserve the right to request the dead animal be returned to our store with a water sample. Deaths due to incompatibility or jumping out of tank are not covered under the guarantee.
- Into the Blue does not issue refunds; only replacements. If the same or similar item is not available we will issue a store credit.
- For DOA claims, a clear picture of the dead coral, invert or fish must be provided within 24 hours. For specific details, see our Arrive Alive Proof Method.
- Replacements are included in future orders (shipping to be paid by the customer). Into the Blue does not ship out single livestock replacements.
- Into the Blue is not responsible for any delays due to carrier and/or weather complications. In such cases there will be no guarantee on live arrival.
- Shipping costs are non refundable.
Into The Blue is now also Winnipeg’s premiere fish, coral, equipment and dry good delivery service!
Let Into The Blue help you shop from home. Give us a call at (204) 963-8663 where can answer any questions, give advice, and tell you what we have in stock which isn’t on our website.
Our delivery days are commonly Tuesdays between 9am and 12pm - please note that a staff member will always be in contact before delivery to confirm timing.
- We can also email or text pictures of fish, corals and inverts.
- Running low on fish foods?
- We have frozen, bottled, and dried flakes and pellets.
- Need RO or saltwater? We deliver that too.
- We have stock for media like carbon, GFO, Purigen and bags.
- We also have magnesium, calcium and alkalinity additives to keep your corals happy.
- We keep a variety of coral frags that we can send photos of and our selection of advertised corals will be expanding in the next few days.
- Due to an increase in call volume, we may not be able answer your call, but please leave your name and number and we will call you back as soon as we can.
Free delivery to your door within the city limits on all orders over $50.00 or $10 delivery fee!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Our Eco-Friendly Process
The capture, export, and care of marine species are extremely important ethical concerns. These amazing animals surprise, astound, and impress us on many levels. We must understand that they have undergone a remarkable journey. As part of our commitment to a sustainable marine future our eco-friendly process we have specific care requirements that we believe help us be more successful in this enormously rewarding hobby.